I’d like to present my TextMate setup as my ideal coding environment:
I’ve only recently discovered that the real secret to TextMate is having the right bundles. I’ve got TextMate configured with the following bundles:
- jezdez’s missing-drawer plugin for much better looks and resizing compatibility.
- TmCodeBrowser for navigating large source code files.
- Ack In Project for all my project-wide searching needs, incredibly fast and dynamic results, with a custom .ackrc file. (Although this has now been supersceded by AckMate)
Then, there is a set of utilities I use that’s not actually TextMate, but that I primarily use along with TextMate:
- fikovnik’s ShiftIt to move textmate & terminal windows around using keyboard shortcuts
- Divvy for accurate placement of my windows to get 100% screen space utilization.
- git for source code tracking, it’s unbeatable.
- rsync for data files (especially those multi-gigabyte binary meshes).
- git hooks into rsync, so it automatically rsync’s when I push.